My educational work arises from my own core values and practices. Here they are, grouped under the headings of my three core values:
- Developing a path of self-assessment, self-regulation, and self-reflection.
- Following the search for knowledge and meaningful answers.
- Finding useful solutions to complex problems.
- Developing creativity through play and imagination.
- Thinking for oneself.
- Opening oneself to empathy and compassion.
- Communicating effectively in speaking, listening, writing and performing.
- Building trust, emotional safety, and a culture of collaboration.
- Being open to giving and receiving feedback and accepting others.
- Embracing and resolving conflicts.
- Engaging in the reciprocal process of mentorship.
- Joining and contributing to communities.
- Modeling and teaching ethical practices.
- Opening to, and learning from, other cultures.
- Being a lifelong learner.